BIGDY helps business owners use technology to work smart
On-site and remote IT support services.
Book IT Services for on-site and remote support.
Providing IT Services Since 2000
Since 2000 BIGDY has provided business technology support to small business, stock market listed entities, education (higher and K12), health, finance, insurance, construction, corporate, manufacturing, and government customers.
Partner relationships selected to support customer requirements include HP, Microsoft, Vmware, Google, Ruckus Wireless, Symantec, and many others.
Selected BIGDY achievements:
- Deployed the first NSW Board of Studies HSC Results web farm infrastructure. To distribute HSC results to HSC students, the NSW Board of Studies decided to publish to the Internet with a “go live” on the designated HSC results release date at 6am sharp.
- Dominos Pizza ADSL rollout. Established some of the first ADSL broadband private networks across Dominos Pizza Sydney outlets.
- One of the first Google Apps Partners in Australia
- Multi-point private network deployments and management. Project managed the deployment of multi-state eastern seaboard private networks – securely connecting companies including Austcorp Group, Pittwater local Government, and Nuigini Tours.
- Construction projects – for Austcorp Group and Boston University Camperdown Sydney Campus. Delivered building services development and construction project management across security, telephones, internet, library, wireless, and data centre infrastructure.
- Designed the city-wide Public Wi-Fi solution for the City of the Gold Coast. The 2nd largest local Government in Australia.
- ComfortDelgro Cabcharge. Successfully migrated from Microsoft Exchange on-premise to Microsoft Office 365 during the earliest days of version 1 of Office 365 in Australia.
- Startup experience collaborating with early stage startup ventures. Including selling and deploying enterprise wireless mobility solutions in to Vodafone, Optus, and Telstra in 2000-2002 when wireless data was pre-3G/4G.
- Forensic IT investigations to support legal teams in the event of businesses going into administration.
- Many Data Centre Vmware Virtualization projects.
- Countless Microsoft Windows Server/ Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL Server deployment/upgrade projects.
- Retainer as senior consultant and advisor to larger IT Teams including large NSW private school, construction, and the motor industry.
- Early adopter to partner and work with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Local government application hosting and broadband projects.
- High speed fibre internet tail solution selling, provisioning, and management.
About Dale Harper – BIGDY Founder
Dale worked with leading Australian technology services provider Fujitsu where he worked with many leading brands, including Boral, Vodafone, and Macquarie Bank.
At Fujitsu Dale became involved in evaluating the very first version of Windows Server (Windows NT 3.5 beta) then went to Zurich Insurance for 3 years to lead a team introducing the nascent Microsoft Windows Server Platform- back when Windows Server was still called Windows NT Server (3.5, 3.51, and NT 4). Windows Server 2000 went on to replace Novell Netware at Zurich Insurance.
In 1999 Dale then left Zurich Insurance and started his own IT Consultancy – BIGDY – and has been at it without interruption up to today.